Tuesday, January 08, 2008

That Was So Funny I SWEAR My Kidneys Just Stopped Functioning. Really! LOL

Yeah, there is no reason for that title other than sometimes when I'm reading a funny blog, I will see commenters before me who make me ask, really? Did you just literally spew coffee on your keyboard? Or is that just a metaphor?

So I thought it would be fun to come up with some stock "LOL" phrases to use when someone has tickled the funnybone. Anyone?

I went to http://www.random.org/ and had their list generator pick six random numbers and we have six winners for the face masks! Would you all quickly send me an email with your address and I can get those to you. I have a BIG trip to the post office today, and it's something I dread like death itself try and avoid with the little ones.

Here is who Random.org picked (with your comment number next to your name):

Melissa 12
Amanda 15
Painted Maypole 19
Mrs. G 23
Candy 35
Madame Queen 37

I want more winners - so next week keep a lookout for an EVEN BETTER give away!

That was so fun I lost my voice screaming! Really! I'm going to have to learn to sign!

18 comments:

Candy said...

Wait. What? I won something? No F'ing Way!

Rima said...

I curse those six lucky women as I sit here convulsing with riotous laughter!

mommymommyland said...

well, apparently my MIL had to run to the potty after reading one of my posts ( one that I difn't think was that funny) so I guess to each their own!!!

Carrie Sue said...

Congrats ladies!

I've seen:
ROTF LMAO
Snark & Snort
Ha!

Beck said...

If people actually spewed coffee on their keyboards, blogging would be MUCH more hazerdous and expensive.

Madame Queen said...

Yay! I won something.

"I laughed so hard I was crying" is one I've heard before and one I've actually DONE. I've never actually spewed coffee except this one time I got choked while I was drinking it and my only option was to spew it or spit it back in my cup. I didn't want to ruin a $4 cup of coffee so I spewed! But not on my keyboard. I may be gross, but I'm not an idiot! :)

Biddy said...

ok so i really have spewed coffee, and beer

but that was so funny i broke my neck while throwing my head back to laugh! seriously! i'm paralyzed from the neck down and i'm blowing in a straw to type this!

and p.s. those six women suck

Jen M. said...

Biddy - you slay me.

Jennifer said...

I once spit cereal and milk out through my nose from laughing. It wasn't pretty. But then, I bet you guessed that much. ;)

thirtysomething said...

Haha!

thirtysomething said...

Blogger kicked me out before I was finished...what a great idea for a post! Very funny..and I often wonder who is telling the truth..

suburbancorrespondent said...

Aren't people allowed to speak metaphorically anymore?

Me, I don't drink coffee...

Tee said...

LOL - It annoys me when people use "literally" incorrectly.

It makes me literally want to tear my hair out... ok, not really ;)

Beth said...

If it's not a metaphor, there are definitely a lot of coffee stained key boards out there...
But not mine! (Cookie crumbs only...)

MamaGeek said...

You are so farking clever. Hilarious!

jen said...

my personal favorite is "i just shat on my keyboard" b/c it is so over the top, i love it. b/c no one is really on the floor, right?

jakelliesmom said...

Boooooo! Boooo randomizer! Booooooo!

painted maypole said...

Wow... I'm so excited that I'm jumping up and down screaming "I won, I won, I won!!!"

;)

and that makes 2 things I've won in a week. woot (what does that mean anyways? does it stand for something??)

I think I'm going to give away some goodies over at my place this week, too.