Thursday, September 13, 2007

Philanthropy Thursday and Bling! Bloggy Blingalicious

So what, exactly, would the punishment be for letting your child drive at the age of twelve? Would I really even do any jail time? She knows the way. It's automatic transmission. How freakin' hard can it be? She could take herself and her siblings to school, baby Jack could go along for the ride and be show and tell for his brother, all while I kick back with a nice margarita and an entire day of WE television network.

This is what I've become.

Back in the cold world that doesn't allow social drinking and driving with the kids, I think I'll go do something nice today and pretend I'm on the couch. My Philanthropy Thursday is going to be as follows: I am going to rake the rocks off the play lawn at my kids' school. The kids kick up the landscaping rocks that border this area and they need to be swept off periodically. Also, and this may or may not count as "philanthropic," I am going to be super duper nice and smiley with a huge hello to that bitchy lady at my club that just stares at me when I see her. She's been doing this for three stinking years. We even had kids in the same class at school at one point and all I get is the stare. Oooh, the bitchiness - prepare to be killed with kindness.

And I am just dripping with buttons now. Dripping I tell you. Yes, some of you fancy pants bloggers have pages devoted to your bling, but I have that simple, classic look that says "I have just a few buttons but wear them with aplomb."

Sonia Sunshine hosted that celebrity look-alike contest and I won! (see sidebar for awesome Marilyn Monroe button).

She also bestowed upon some blogs a button that just kills me:

I am a cat's ass. I love it -

And Painted Maypole gave me this:









And Tabba and Mary Alice gave me this...




Sooo...I am allowed to pass on the nice matters award, and although I haven't kept track, so many of the blogs I read have this already. I think the guys need a fair shake, so I am going to pass it on to Ron, because he really is nice, and to Mr. Fab, because at first I thought he'd never put up an award like this, until I saw that fifty other bloggers gave him one of these, too. Ah, what the heck.

Have a wonderful day and I'd love to know if you plan on paying it forward!

14 comments:

Keeping It Real said...

Good for you, looking out for the fellas and all. You really are nice, and deserving, of all that blingalicious bling.

dawn224 said...

Today is grandma tithe day. Preplanned and monthly, so nothing new or interesting on my front.

And I think smiling at bitchy people totally counts.

BlondeBlogger said...

I LOVE your idea to kill the gym witch with kindness. I belt she melts to the floor, lol.

Molly said...

Congratulations on winning the many awards, I am sure they are all well-deserved. You do indeed seem very nice.

Congratulations also on the Celebrity Look Alike Contest win, at least Ann Coulter is pretty. The Church Lady is a guy. Although Dana Carvey is cute, The Church Lady is not so cute.

Jennifer said...

I think being super nice and smiley to the bitchy ones definitely counts. Good luck! ;)

painted maypole said...

isn't giving awards to boys philanthropical in and of itself? ;)

Mary Alice said...

Jen- being nice to bitchy people is not only philanthropic, but totally cathartic!

I spent the day writing an epistle on disaster preparedness, citizens’ responsibility, and the state of under funded governmental institutions.

My philanthropic deed was to scare people’s heads from their own nether regions. Haha, though it was cathartic for me, I rather imagine it will not evoke the heartfelt commentary that a good fart joke would!

Audubon Ron said...

Thank you for the nice matters award and recognition. I continue on the journey of NICE. Not sure what the protocol is for the award or where to post it. I know I need to post it somewhere because that’s just the NICE thing to do, but, it’s so, how should I say, PINK! You know if there is a version of this in Woodland Camo? Just checking.

Again, thanks.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

You inspiration you. Keep that up and I might actually unglue myself from the computer today.

Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

Congrats. So well deserved. You're a sweetie.

J. A. Blackburn said...

It's the little things that matter, in the end. I keep wanting to instill Random Acts of Kindness into my day, but I get to the end of it and think, oh wow I forgot AGAIN?! Maybe tomorrow.

Kim said...

Ok so my Philantropy Thursday was actually done today, so it's sorta Philantropy Friday.

I selected one thing my son's class needs school supply wise: $5 worth of "big kid lined paper" (they're 4th graders).

WalMart sells a pack of 150 sheets of lined paper for 30 cents. So I bought $5.10 worth (that's 17 packs or 2550 sheets total). His teacher was SO SO SO HAPPY! And I feel SO SO SO GOOD :)

Anonymous said...

BEST. BANNER. EVER. That's all I've got to say right now.

Victoria said...

Congrats! It's nice to be recognized, no?

I just got the Nice Matters recently, too. I found that when you put it in the sidebar if you DON'T shrink to fit, it won't look all wonky (I mean, I don't want to offend if you like it stretched like that! just thought I'd let ya know). ;)