Sunday, May 13, 2007

I've Been Tagged!

I've been tagged for the "Eight Things" meme by the fabulous Robin. I feel like I'm no longer the new kid in the blogsophere because now I'm getting to know all these great mom bloggers and it is wonderful, this community (gush, gush). Here's how it goes. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.So. Eight things about me (oh, the self-absorption)....1. I look for subliminal advertising in print ads. ALL the time. I remember learning in junior high health class about how the cigarette and alcohol companies used embedded images in, say, the swirling smoke of a Camel, to lure us to their product. So when I see an ad with a glass of whiskey on the rocks? I'm looking for the naked person in the ice cube. Because if I drink whiskey, maybe I'll get me a naked person.2. I enjoy popping zits. Not that I have any.3. My best friends haven't lived within 500 miles of me for almost three years (almost ten years in one case) and we still talk almost every day.4. I think my dead cat is haunting us by making our car smell like cat pee. One day it smells, the next day, no smell. The transient cat pee smell has to be coming from the other side.5. I would choose reading over sleeping on almost any occasion.6. I have so many ideas in my head for different book ideas that I'm afraid I will never get them all down.7. I worry to the point of wondering if I have an anxiety disorder.8. When I read about the "pencil test" in a woman's magazine, I failed miserably. The pencil test determines if you need underwire for your bra. If you can hold a pencil under your boob, you need underwire, right? I held that pencil so easily, it made me wonder what else I could hold. So. I asked Bob for his wallet. A big, thick, number, crammed full of receipts. And I held it in place with no hands. And that was only after I had two children.Here's who I'm tagging (if you've already done this meme, no worries, just ignore).Headless ChickenRonyMatthewA Blonde BloggerMr. Fabulous and his Wife, as a Guest BloggerHer Bad Mother