Thursday, July 10, 2008

Good Wholesome Fun or Lord of the Flies? You Decide



My girls have been conducting a "camp" this week for my friends' kids. It's a way to help out a girlfriend who is strapped for childcare this week and allow another one some time to get errands done without the extra fun of dragging unwilling children along. The camp members have a rigorous schedule that includes play practice, dance class, jewelry making, and - uh, marching and running laps around the yard. No harm no foul, right? It wears them out for the moms. And, they hire cheaply.

I did have to draw the line at the slip-n-slide being placed on the treehouse slide. I know, no head wound trauma at my house if we can help it. I'm such a spoil sport.

6 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

It's a great idea!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

What a win-win summer activity.

Allmycke said...

I'm with Jenn - kids and Moms come out ahead!

Anonymous said...

Jenn's right - it's a win, win situation!

Gold star for whoever dreamt that up!

MMMM, I think I'll have to do an English version!

Bogart said...

Should just throw a helmet on them and rub some dirt on it if they get hurt...

(Disclaimer ***I have no kids of my own***)

Anna Sawin said...

What a great idea! I've got two boys in New England that might like a trip to your part of the country--sign them up!