Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Good Summer Chicken Salad

Shred the chicken from one roasted chicken (I grab a pre-cooked one at the deli to save time and keep my kitchen cool)

Dice one avocado

Blanch one (or two if you wish) ear white corn, cut kernels off.

Chop one quarter to one half of a red onion

Chop a generous handful of cilantro

Cut a pint of grape tomatoes in half

In bowl, whisk together the juice of a large lime, two tablespoons olive oil, and a half capful-ish of Chipotle chile powder

Mix all ingredients, drizzle chipotle dressing and stir. Serve over crushed tortilla chips (I like the lime ones) and have a cold margarita ready.

Enjoy! This takes no time at all if you buy the chicken and it feeds a crowd. If you want more heat, dice a jalapeno in there - yum!

8 comments:

smalltownme said...

Oh, yum! I think that's dinner tonight!

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Ditton on the yum...I am always looking for new dinner idea and it's just too damn hot to turn the oven on!

brooke said...

Wow... that sounds amazing.

Meg said...

nom nom nom

thanks-

Megin

GNMParents
Maine-ly Megin

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

That's tomorrow's dinner. Thanks.

BlondeBlogger said...

Agghhhh...it's 3 am and I'm starving. Don't make me raid my kitchen, lol!!!

Don Mills Diva said...

Mmmm - sounds like a perfect summer dinner!

Bogart said...

I am so all over this...now, if I could only find a nice California avocado.

May have to wait until I visit SoCal in 4 weeks.